Sun, 26 Nov|
Zen Center Athens
THE PRACTICE OF SUN SALUTATIONS
The practice of Sun Salutations, or Surya Namaskar, is deeply rooted in the ancient practice of yoga, which has evolved over thousands of years.
Time & Location
26 Nov 2023, 10:00 – 12:30 EET
Zen Center Athens, Limbona 2 Athens, 105 60, Greece
About the Event
The practice of Sun Salutation with Antaratma
Accompanied with Vedic Mantras and the sound of indian harmonium.
Participation fee: 15 euros
To register please send us an email at email@example.com
More about the practice
Sun Salutations, Surya Namaskara in Sanskrit, is a sequence of asanas practised to activate the body and the mind. It is traditionally performed in the morning to greet the rising sun and is a fundamental part of the yoga practice. The practice of Sun Salutations has a deep mental and spiritual significance. It is associated with the 12 zodiac signs and the 12 solar months in the Vedic calendar, adding to the symbolism and depth.
Sun Salutations offer a wide range of physical, mental, and spiritual benefits. Here are some of the key advantages of incorporating Sun Salutations into your yoga practice:
1. Physical Flexibility: Sun Salutations stretch and strengthen different muscle groups, promoting overall flexibility and mobility in the body.
2. Strength Building: The sequence engages the muscles of the arms, shoulders, core, and legs, helping to build strength and stamina over time.
3. Improved Posture: Practicing Sun Salutations regularly can help improve your posture by strengthening the muscles that support a strong and upright spine.
4. Cardiovascular Health: The dynamic nature of Sun Salutations can raise your heart rate and provide a cardiovascular workout, improving heart health and circulation.
5. Stress Reduction: The mindful movement and synchronized breath in Sun Salutations help reduce stress and promote relaxation. It can be a great way to start or end your day with a calm and focused mind.
6. Mental Clarity: Sun Salutations are performed. This can help clear your mind, improve concentration, and enhance mental clarity.
7. Weight Management: Regular practice can aid in weight management by promoting a healthy metabolism.
8. Improved Digestion: They stimulate the digestive organs, improving digestion and reducing gastrointestinal discomfort.
9. Enhanced Balance: Sun Salutations include poses that challenge your balance and coordination, helping you improve your sense of balance over time.
10. Spiritual Connection: Sun Salutations have a spiritual aspect, connecting the practitioner to a sense of gratitude for the sun and life energy it represents.
11. Increased Energy: Rather than depleting your energy, Sun Salutations boost energy levels, making them a great way to start your day.
12. Time-Efficient: Sun Salutations is a complete practice making them a great option for those with busy schedules.